Maria G. Miller started Litigation Operations in 1998, powered by expertise in operations, litigation, and technology. Maria served as a corporate V.P. of Operations prior to leveraging her experience to the legal field where she worked as Chief of Staff for several D.C. firms on their largest cases. She effectively increased operational efficiencies, created processes, and managed resources to best prepare the litigators. Clients soon grew to respect the value that Maria's approach created for their budgets which led to the foundation of Litigation Operations. Maria and her team offer full service, turnkey support to law departments by strategically reducing litigation spend, leveraging state-of-the-art proprietary software and process expertise from seasoned litigators. Litigation Operations routinely reduces legal fees by thousands of hours and millions of dollars annually for their clients.
What We Believe
- The highest and best use of each team member’s time enables optimal team performance. Most attorneys would rather focus on legal matters and strategy.
- Internal pressure to reduce litigation fees is here to stay.
- Measurable improvements matter, so we measure what matters.
- Shared success is not only possible, but essential for partnerships that endure. You can achieve law firm compliance with billing guidelines, reduction in fees and maintain trusted relationships.
- Leading the way yields the best results. Clients that save the most in fees tend to be those who proactively affect changes in law firm billing, instead of relying on the firms to do so.
- Clean data is a fundamental and foundational component to finding out anything you would like to know from the data.
- The most efficient and effective approach requires people knowledgeable in this space along with specialized technology – a hybrid.
- Law firms want to comply with client billing requirements, but conflicting incentives and lack of specialized skills often make it unattainable.
The Dream Team
Our specialized team of litigators are experienced in and share backgrounds defending a wide array of matters, including in the areas of mass-tort product liabilities and regulatory investigations. This allows us to leverage a deeper understanding of the complexities and activities in litigation, resulting in the industry’s most sound and reliable savings recommendations. Our team also includes experts in cutting-edge artificial intelligence as well as seasoned programmers and statisticians, who are dedicated to continually optimizing our capabilities.
Maria G. Miller
Chief Executive Officer
A visionary and legal ops forerunner
Chief Operating Officer
Master of “get-er-done” and trusted advisor to the CEO
Heather Bell, Esq.
Chief Legal Officer
Advocate for integrity and efficiency
Jordon Shaw, Ph.D.
Chief Technology Officer
Analytics and software extraordinaire
Strategic Consultant Team
Our team of consultants are experienced litigators with hands-on law firm experience in mass tort, product liability and other relevant litigation matters. Each consultant has several years of consulting experience at Litigation Operations, which includes specialized training in operational efficiencies and spend management. Your team will have a dedicated senior consultant for each litigation.
Find out how we can help by emailing us or completing an inquiry form.